102 Marketing Offers

  1. New
  2. Free shipping
  3. Sale
  4. Free trial
  5. Free sample
  6. Free website subscription
  7. Buy one, get one free (BOGO)
  8. .$off discount
  9. % off discount
  10. Quantity discount
  11. Money-back guarantee or warranty
  12. Choice of free gifts
  13. Delayed billing
  14. Free information/catalog/DVD
  15. Free needs analysis
  16. Free cost estimate
  17. Limited edition
  18. Introductory price
  19. The right price
  20. Free newsletter
  21. Industry/wholesale discount
  22. Rebate
  23. Mystery discount
  24. Pick your discount
  25. Free shipping upgrade
  26. Free express order processing
  27. Continuity or membership club
  28. Rewards program/card
  29. Free gift certificate/gift card
  30. Donation to charity
  31. Competitive price match
  32. Refer a friend credit
  33. Tell a friend offer
  34. Coop/partnership offer
  35. Installments (“3 easy payments of $99”)
  36. Free gifts for different order sizes
  37. Free booklet
  38. Free demonstration
  39. Gift for friend
  40. Private customer sale
  41. Private customer discount
  42. Free membership
  43. Paid membership
  44. Double money-back guarantee
  45. Extended guarantee/warranty
  46. Pre-sale discount
  47. Limited edition
  48. Bundle pricing
  49. Name your offer
  50. Scratch off
  1. Bounce back
  2. Sweepstakes
  3. Giveaway
  4. Series auto-shipment
  5. Negative option
  6. Positive option
  7. Purchase with purchase
  8. Lifetime membership
  9. Annual membership
  10. Lucky number sweeps
  11. Everybody wins
  12. Small down payment
  13. Exclusive member/customer only
  14. Match competitor offer
  15. Frequent buyer discount
  16. Free product
  17. Cash back
  18. Earn free products/services
  19. Free return shipping
  20. Promotional price
  21. Low price guarantee
  22. Friend gets free
  23. Free gift wrap
  24. Free research report
  25. Free survey report
  26. Free whitepaper
  27. Free $bill
  28. $Check
  29. Free accessory/refill/complementary product
  30. Free seminar/workshop/class
  31. Free webinar
  32. Double coupon/discount
  33. Postage paid envelope
  34. Free magazine
  35. Free book
  36. Additional product/service for 1¢/$1
  37. Free service
  38. Free tutorial
  39. Free additional accounts
  40. Auction
  41. Sample club
  42. Monthly new product club
  43. Free consultation
  44. Birthday gift/discount
  45. Anniversary gift/discount
  46. First issue/month free
  47. Surprise savings certificate
  48. Savings/free product scavenger hunt
  49. Play game, win discount/product
  50. Your price will never go up
  51. Use it/Access it for 30 days free
  52. Guest/anonymous ordering (web)
 

The right offer, to the right people, at the right time. According to the direct marketing bible, Successful Direct Marketing Methods (Stone & Jacobs), 40 percent of the success/failure of a marketing campaign is attributed to your media or list—the right people. The right offer constitutes 20 percent of the success or failure. So, 60 percent of the success of any direct marketing campaign is the right offer to the right people. The remaining 40 percent comprises copy, visuals, music—the creative.

This convenient checklist of direct marketing offers were collected from many sources such as Jim Kob’s famous “99 Offers.” These offers can be used in all media: TV advertising, direct mail, banner advertising, search engine advertising, website promotions, email, magazine advertising, etc. The key to success with offers—once you know what appeals to your target audiences—is test, test, test. Using tracking URLs, promotion codes, specific offers, different 800 telephone numbers and the like will allow you to effectively test offers. Offers can be use for both consumer and business prospects or customers (ex: a customer can be a customer, client, subscriber, attendee, etc.)

© Responsology


Copyright © 2010